Friday 2 November 2007

the prospect of a job ...and sore feet!



Well, I am here safe and sound...

Had the job interview today, which went rather well... I am hopeful of an offer mid next week which would probably see me start the following week.

The weather has been kind to be for my first 2 days here... I was sunny most of today as well as yesterday afternoon... Did a bit of sight seeing yesterday arvo. I walked for about 2 and a half hours around Westminster, the West End and the City. Walked past the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Westminster Cathedral (both of which are vast!) and then up along the Strand to find my (hopefully) future office in Covent Garden. Covent Garden is a fantastic place... besides the proximity to Trafalgar Square, The Royal Opera House and the Covent Garden Market it is full of restaurants, cafes, and pubs and professional offices - the whole place is alive.


The walk up Fleet Street and Ludgate Hill to St Paul's (also vast!) is like walking along a building lined canyon... its just a shame that many of the grand Victorian facades now hide empty offices, no longer occupied by the Newspapers and Magazines that once made the street famous. The walk down into the city ended at Bank Station when, with sore feet, the prospect of a train ride home overcame the desire to explore further. I will have to get back to all these places and do proper tours eventually (as well as the other million places to see in this city!).

No comments: