Thursday 13 March 2008

AAF

Today I bought a cow...
...well, not a real cow... just someone's impression of a cow.
Strangely enough the purchase of the cow was a direct result of a short trip in a train on the London Underground.
On Monday evening, heading home from a late meeting, my attention was attracted by an advertisement. It was advertising an affordable art fair in Battersea Park.
So, I thought I would wander along and take a look considering Battersea is not too far from home... and tonight I did just that.
My thought, walking through the park this evening, was that I might find a small affordable impression of London, something to take home to Australia eventually that would remind me of life here...
The art fair was in a huge temporary structure and I could not even guess how many artists and paintings where exhibited. The concept is great and was well attended even on a cool, drizzly mid-week evening.
So, I went looking for a painting of London... unfortunately painting of London were very scarce, and those that were there were not quite as affordable as I might have liked.
But my gaze fell upon a painting i liked... strangely enough... of a cow... I have never previously considered buying art of farm animals... but tonight I did...
Thus, I am now the owner of 'Bessie'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Grant - this is attempt No 4 to send a comment!!!!
Loved Bessie - glad to have her at our place, also really enjoy your Blog - keep it up

Love Mum & Dad